Environmental Health Safety & Hygiene Officer at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Abu Dhabi (AUHAR)
Job number: EMEAA24670
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy. Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stay brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn is the first of its brand in Abu Dhabi featuring 203 modern and stylish rooms, a wide variety of food &beverage outlets - Indulge in a variety of international flavors at the Silk Route Café. For a lively night out, hit the Thirty 1st Bar & Lounge with amazing views of the Abu Dhabi skyline or visit Hubbly Bubbly, our shisha café for a traditional Arabic experience under the stars. For Sushi lovers, SushiSan offers sushi as it should be. Stock Burger Co. is a new casual dining concept defined by a perfect and always appealing pairing: premium burgers and craft brew. Grab a Starbucks coffee and pastry to go from Stay Fresh Café or enjoy it in our lobby with an outdoor and all in addition to meeting rooms and banqueting facilities.
The hotel is a kilometer away from Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), very close to the diplomatic enclave. The hotel's fitness facilities are located on the top floor and offer a great view of the city. Besides a well-equipped fitness room, Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers a pool and three massage rooms.
Your day to day
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all the related work departments, Human Resources Manager and Department Heads for all matters related to colleagues hygiene.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with other departments in the Hotel, especially F&B outlets, In Room Dining, Sales and Banquet Operations.
- To ensure that the organization follows the guidelines set by the local municipality in order to get no fines or penalties.
- Perform regular audits and inspection in all the F&B areas to ensure the system is practiced as per set guidelines.
- Project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times.
- Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms.
- To ensure that junior members of the team are aware of Health, Safety & Fire regulations and that they too abide by their terms.
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene with full uniform worn at all times.
- To demonstrate proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
- Complies with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct. Ensures all Food Hygiene/HACCP incidents, violations are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes.
- Is responsible to train, record and adherence of team member in personal Hygiene and Grooming, upkeep of premises and equipment, deliveries of all perishable and non-perishable food items, HACCP records, cleaning and disinfectants, sampling and laboratory analysis, documentation and control.
- Conduct training sessions to keep update and refresh the set standards.
- To build network amongst fellow colleagues in competitor hotels.
- Communicate and liaise with the Executive Sous Chef on Banqueting and food, operational issues, standards and procedures.
- Inspects all the Food and Beverage kitchen & outlets for non-conformance.
- Strong desire to improve on skills and knowledge.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline.
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
What we need from you
- Excellent communication both written and oral in English
- Ability to be self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good team work
- Customer driven, culturally adaptable, communicates well and works with all level of people
- Good Computer literacy (Microsoft applications)
- Pro-active approach, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Minimum of 2 years experienced in a Safety & Hygiene Coordinator or a related role within a 4 Star Hotel or similar industry.
- Holder of a basic Food, Health & Hygiene Certificate and Intermediate in HACCP.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit https://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
We are an equal opportunity employer.