Engineering Technician – Electrician at voco® Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA28267
Welcome to voco®, IHG’s new upscale brand.
Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm The Palm is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
- Perform a variety of electrical work such as installation, repair, alteration and maintenance of complex electrical equipment (such as automatic controls, emergency generators, switchboards, transfer switches, lighting systems, fire alarms and smoke detection systems).
- Analyze and troubleshoot electrical problems with equipment, replace defective parts, reassemble affected equipment and test for proper operation and safety.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled or required on electrical equipment as recommended by the manufacturer and on site safety programs.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Read and interpret electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Direct or train employees to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Ensure all work meets prescribed standards of quality and ensure compliance with all laws, safety procedures, policies and codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Monitor performance of equipment and inform Duty Engineer and Chief Engineer of any potential problems.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, cost savings, productivity/efficiency improvements and safety improvements.
- Maintain necessary work records including equipment records, logs, and time sheets.
What we need from you
- Certified in Electrical Engineering is desirable
- Two years’ operating experience in a hotel Engineering department.
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.