Engineering Manager - Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Job number: EMEAA25347
Holiday Inn Express is the smart choice for savvy business and leisure travelers, offering a relaxed, affordable and hassle-free stay every time. Located at the heart of key business and leisure districts, every Holiday Inn Express is just steps away from dining and entertainment options. As a Team Member at Holiday Inn Express, you will experience a variety of roles in your daily job and will be empowered to make a difference. You will be part of a multi-skilled, multi-talented, collaborative and action-oriented team to deliver the SMART experience, providing everything our guests need and nothing they don’t.
Your day to day
As Engineering Manager, you’ll manage the engineering/maintenance of your hotel and ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members under the general direction of the Cluster Chief Engineer. You’ll be a master multitasker and be comfortable with any repair needs. Motivating and training your team with the skills to keep hotels always looking their best. You may also have responsibility for the Loss Prevention function. Your roles and responsibilities may include but not limited to the following.
- Ensure the effective financial management of the maintenance department by setting maintenance budgets, capital works program’s and engineering plans and ensuring that performance against there is regularly monitored and reviewed.
- Assist in control of Capital Projects, in liaison with management, to ensure capital funding is effectively allocated and budgeted in accordance with company directives and philosophy.
- Contribute to the hotel’s profitability by ensuring the effective management of the buildings environmental controls and energy conservation systems. Evaluate, control and record energy usage and implement and upgrade energy conservation systems.
- Direct daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures.
- Maintain relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, internal and external vendors, and others as needed.
- Provide advice to senior management on all aspects of maintenance support, environmental controls and the operational efficiency of the property.
- Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs.
- Contribute to guest satisfaction standards by ensuring that technical support services quickly address, and where possible, anticipate, individual needs.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of guests and that any requests for service are handled in a courteous and efficient fashion.
- Ensure the effective operation of all the mechanical and electrical systems and equipment by implementing and managing a preventative maintenance program.
- Closely monitor the condition of the physical property and equipment by conducting continual inspections of the building.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance schedules are in operation and regularly upgraded.
- Plan, implement and administer an energy management program by establishing energy reduction objectives, the maintenance of records and regular reporting of performance against these objectives.
- Ensure adherence to all statutory regulations and fire codes by regularly reviewing policies and safety procedures.
- Maintain the condition of the physical assets of the hotel by carrying out any upgrading and project work in liaison with architects, interior designers and management.
- Ensure the cost effectiveness and technical efficiency of all services performed by outside contracts by close supervision.
- Ensure the quality of all work completed by both employees and external contracted staff adheres to the standards of good engineering practice.
- To liaise with the contractor on the maintenance and inspection of the fire protection equipment (include firefighting equipment) for Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and to render assistance / advice for the occupiers in the building.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years of engineering experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Communication and writing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Possesses problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Proactive and takes ownership with hotel maintenance equipment/inventory management
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive compensation and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Medical Benefit
- Dental/ Optical/ Health Screening Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.