Electrician (Full-time or Part-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Job number: EMEAA34470
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits. We are delighted to be at the final stage of our exquisite $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
Our team is growing so we invite you to Join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel as Hotel Electrician, either Full-time or Part-time available.
Your day to day
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Preventative maintenance and repair of equipment and services.
- Small projects and installations.
- Maintain and repair electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all regulations involving electrical standards, WH&S standards and safe working practices are followed
- Carry out various duties necessary to maintain hotel operations.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance schedules are carried out on services and equipment including high and low voltage electrical distribution, fire protection systems, telephone and data systems, air conditioning, general engineering plant and hotel equipment.
- Support the wider engineering team and hotel team across a variety of projects and tasks.
What we need from you
- Relevant Maintenance experience in a similar industry would be great
- Trade Qualified A grade Electrical License essential
- Unrestricted/Open Manual License
- First Aid Certificate (highly regarded)
- Applicable license(s) to perform duties
- The ability to deliver prompt and efficient maintenance solutions
- The ability to support a diverse team to achieve high guest satisfaction and meet business objectives
- Effective verbal and written communication, and effective decision making
- Team orientated and ability to assist in other areas outside of electrical remit
- Effective time management and attention to detail
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive Salary
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career
milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.