Electrician - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA21111
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort welcomes a new era of immersive luxury in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Nestled at the northernmost point of Australia’s Whitsunday archipelago, Hayman Island’s location places you moments away from Langford Island, Blue Pearl Bay and Hook Island. This iconic luxury resort includes 168 guest rooms, suites, villas and residences, five distinct restaurants and bars, over 15 event spaces, a transformative Hayman Spa and Salon, and iconic private island experiences including private charters, snorkelling escapades and more.
Your day to day
We'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand as an Electrician on a full time six month contract. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll maintain all electrical operations of the resort to keep it operating with minimal interruptions and running like clockwork, from changing lights to tracing distribution board faults.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out testing and tagging.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Assisting in any after hour emergencies as required.
- Maintaining records and documentation associated with all work undertaken.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will hold a Certificate in Electrotechnology, Queensland General Safety Induction Card (White Card) and a valid LVR certificate and open driver's licence, with High Voltage experience desired.
You will have a minimum of 2-3 years experience and be familiar with Microsoft Office, and reporting tools such as HotSoS, Hardcat. Previous exposure to resort or a remote island environment is advantageous, alternatively you would be excited to utilise their strong technical skills in a new diverse and challenging environment.
What we offer
A wonderful team culture and a world class colleague Village experience for you working and living on Island!
- Our Colleague diner caters an extensive array of food offerings freshly prepared daily by our Village chefs
- Village facilities include a dedicated outdoor swimming pool, shop, bar, private staff beach and activities lawn
- We offer a comprehensive activities program for our colleagues, including wellness, sports, hiking and outdoor activities, movies nights and a lot more
We believe we work better together; our team culture is built on trust and support for each other. We welcome different perspectives and provide every opportunity for you to grow vertically, functionally, geographically and personally.
As part of the wider InterContinental Hotels & Resorts family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, you also enjoy a great range of employee, friends and family discount rates across InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties globally.
We have a number of roles across Full time, Part time and casual, so if this opportunity seems perfect for you we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about InterContinental Hayman Island Resort visit
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook
Follow us on Linkedin
**You must have full working rights in Australia**