Learning and Quality Manager at InterContinental® Mina Al Arab - Ras Al Khaima (Pre-Opening)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, AE-RK, Ra's al Khaymah
Job number: EMEAA20023
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental® Mina Al Arab will comprise 351 keys, a health club, spa and two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sq. m, the resort is a short drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace.
Your day to day
This role provides support to the leadership team and their departments on all Quality improvement activities, operational training requirements and career development programs to all colleagues, to improve and maintain job performance.
Learning & Development
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis for the Hotel and utilize IHG training programs.
- Conduct the IHG technical training and development workshops to all job bands.
- Train departmental trainers and supervisors in techniques and skills for training.
- Evaluate departmental trainers’ performance and effectiveness of training programs.
- Plan monthly Department trainer meetings to review the operational department training needs analysis, the training plan for the upcoming month and targets to achieve.
- Liaise with schools and universities regarding placements of internship students.
- Monitor cross training progress and suggest for internal application for suitable internal vacancies.
- Plan and implement product knowledge assessment to maintain a high level of product knowledge throughout the property.
- Create a Talent pool of High Potentials from the Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Develop Succession plans for the Talent Pool with the Department Heads and monitor progress based on goals.
- Prepare the yearly Learning & Development budget in line with the corporate requirements.
- Support Leadership team in reviewing and analyse hotel guest feedback through various platforms on a regular basis and provide a clear understanding of the root cause of the issues and areas to improve.
- Participate in the daily operations meeting and share relevant data & hotel performance trends.
- Support operation team in facilitating monthly and quarterly, Quality/Guest Experience/Tactical Solve meetings and action planning sessions.
- Assist the leadership team in building the Quarterly Tactical Solve action planning.
- Develop and conduct service quality and brand standards audit with department head stakeholders.
- Support department heads in the annual quality evaluation audit and takes necessary actions post quality evaluation audit and guest experience evaluation.
- Promote service excellence initiatives across the hotel and identify training gaps to enhance the guest experience.
- Assist operations team on initiatives that drive guest satisfaction and business performance in key areas.
- Lead the implementation of IHG new quality tools and initiatives.
- Facilitate branded training focused on elevating the delivery of luxury service and the unique brand experience.
- Educate colleagues on the brand standards and ensure departmental training related to standards are taking place.
- Own on-going sustainment activities to foster branded service culture and delivery.
- Collaborate with brand team and corporate L&D teams to enhance the brand program for effective delivery on-property.
- Ensure compliance with new or updated brand standards on a bi-annual basis.
What we need from you
InterContinental® Mina Al Arab is scheduled to open Q3 2021 and we are now seeking a sharp and polished Learning and Quality Manager, who will drive exceptional guest experiences through targeted and measured training platforms along with a high level of attention to detail in quality assurance and standards.
Ideally, the candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within a senior capacity in the Hotel Industry (5-star hotel preferable). You should be enthusiastic, spontaneous, & emphatic. You will bring strong interpersonal skills and excellent command of written and spoken English. Additional language is an added advantage. You should have a bachelor or master’s degree in Human Resources or Quality Assurance with a proven track record of training capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be result oriented and a self-motivated along with a positive attitude. You should have the ability to think laterally and display a high level of integrity. You should also have the ability to identify, impact and influence others. You are a strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.