Director of Sales and Marketing at InterContinental® Mina Al Arab - Ras Al Khaima (Pre-Opening)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, AE-RK, Ra's al Khaymah
Job number: EMEAA20022
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental® Mina Al Arab will comprise 351 keys, a health club, spa and two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sq. m, the resort is a short drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace.
Your day to day
As the Director of Sales and Marketing, you will develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue, and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
Specific Pre - Opening Responsibilities
- Study the local market as well as feeder markets thoroughly
- Conduct a comprehensive SWOT analysis for the resort
- Create a comprehensive highly strategic pre – opening and post opening Sales & Marketing business plan for the entire hotel and ensure approvals and implementations as per plans
- Collaborate with Directors of Food & Beverage, Leisure to make ensure all areas are properly covered in making the resort an attractive destination for the right clients
- Study STR positioning of the resort and prepare for its inclusion
- Approach potential business prospects, companies for MICE business, tour operators proactively and harness fruitful relationships
- Make a Marketing Plan beneficial to raise awareness about the resort in an opportune manner
- Approach OTA channels and finalize contracts
- Set up Social media and e commerce presence for the resort
- Finalize collateral for sales & marketing purposes as well as support the hotel regarding the collaterals pertaining to hotel brand standards
- Arrange for FAM trips and visits to facility at an appropriate time in consultation with General Manager
- Devise and finalize the advertising, press and media intervention, publicity, community relations awareness campaigns and opening entertainment plans with the General Manager
- Devise/ approve/ implement operational manuals, brand service standards and job descriptions for each section of the division
- Recruit key members of own team as per IHG People tools in collaboration with Director of People and Culture
- Oversee recruitment, induction and training of entire team alongside own key team members and Human Resources
- Plan and oversee all logistics in own department for a smooth and successful opening
- Ensure that the facilities are well set up, logistics are available, and the right quality of human resources are recruited, trained and made enthusiastically ready for the opening as per deadlines from Owning company, IHG and General Manager.
What we need from you
InterContinental® Mina Al Arab is scheduled to open Q3 2021 and we are now seeking a highly resourceful and active Director of Sales and Marketing, who will be responsible to pro-actively drive the sales and marketing targets of the resort.
Ideally, to be successful in this role you must have a bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field. A minimum of five years’ experience as a Sales & Marketing Leader in a five-star hotel/resort. You must have a strong knowledge of leisure market, local businesses and business trends. Pre- opening experience is desirable. You must be knowledgeable in driving/ travelling within UAE. You must be eased and able to travel worldwide on planned as well as on short notice.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.