Duty Manager | Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Nepal, Kathmandu
Hotel: Kathmandu Naxal (KTMNA), Naxal, 44600
Job number: 115660
The Holiday Inn Express Kathmandu Naxal (An IHG Hotel) will be an exceptional addition to Nepal's hospitality landscape. Situated in the heart of Kathmandu, adjacent to the Nepal Police Headquarters, the hotel's strategic location near the city center, embassies, and key attractions offers guests unrivaled convenience. With Nepal's stunning mountain landscapes attracting adventurers and its rich Hindu and Buddhist heritage drawing culture enthusiasts, Kathmandu has emerged as a coveted travel destination. The hotel features top-notch facilities including full-service F&B outlets like The Great Room and a Roof Top Restaurant, along with versatile event spaces and a fitness center. Boasting 110 rooms, this establishment promises an unforgettable stay in the vibrant capital of Nepal.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Express® family.
Manage the activities of a front desk shift ensuring the guests satisfaction
At Holiday Inn Express we want people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor departmental budget and control expenses.
- Promote room up selling and suggestive selling
- Monitoring and effective control of on rebates and rate checking.
- Perform/assist effective night auditing function to ensure accuracy of financial reports
- Manage day to day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. .
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations.
- Provide on the job trainings to the staff to improve their efficiency & guest handling skills.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Understand and respond to guests’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for the upkeep of Duty Manager log and front office reports.
- Ensure major guest feedback and preferences are recorded and review it on a daily basis.
- Communicate with all hotel departments to stay informed of guest needs and ensure timely responses to requests
- Act as a Emergency Response Team Director in case of need to ensure safety of Guest and Employees of the hotel.
- Constantly observe the guests movements at the hotel lobby and report/ respond to any unusual activities to minimise risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
Supervise the Front office department to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or equivalent.
2 -3 years of Experience in Front Office operations including supervisory level
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great work environment and benefits – including but not limited to F&B Discount, IHG Employee Rate, Hotel Uniform, Meal at Employee Restaurant, excellent development, and advancement opportunities across the globe.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
*Resident of Nepal can only apply to above position.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.