Doorperson - InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA), 999 California Street, 94108
Job number: 109402
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a Doorperson who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional assistance, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Maintain knowledge of:
- scheduled daily activities.
- daily arrivals/departures.
- departures and services provided by the hotel.
- hours of operation for each outlet.
- Assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles.
- Assist guests with loading/unloading luggage into and out of their vehicles, provide legible claim tickets to guests for their luggage, and assure safety and security of all guest luggage.
- Open hotel doors for guests/visitors.
- Transport guest luggage from the hotel entrance area to the designated Bell area.
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquiries regarding destinations within the local area.
- Ensure that all driveways are kept clear; that vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces.
- Hails taxicabs and answers inquiries.
- Prevents entrance of unauthorized or undesirable persons and notifies security of inebriated or rowdy persons from premises.
- Notifies guests by telephone of delivery of automobiles, packages, or arrival of visitors.
What We need from you:
● Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
● Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
● Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential
● Literate - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
Salary range: $22 - 28 per hour
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.