Door Ambassador - InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Singapore, SG-01, Singapore
Job number: EMEAA20534
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Join our team as our Door Ambassador in InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. We’re looking for someone who:
Your day to day
Under the general direction of the Chief Concierge, you will be an ambassador of the hotel who will offer our discerning guests with an unforgettable luxury experience ensuring the highest standard of service and professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including;
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guests’ requests
- Anticipate guests’ needs
- Maintain high level of knowledge which affects guest experience
- Greet guests at all times in a friendly and helpful manner and attempts to learn and use guests’ name at every opportunity
- Maintain a high level of product and local knowledge
- Knowledgeable of the events of the day and of daily Hotel activities
- Ensure a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events including directions to key point of interests
- Take personal interest and pride to ensure that the Bell Service area, hotel entrance and storage area are kept clean and clear of litter and in an orderly state at all times
- Welcome guests at the main entrance, offering the greeting appropriate to the time of day taking note of repeat guests and IHG Rewards Club and Ambassador members
What we need from you
High School or Vocational Certificate in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent, with 6 months’ experience in guest service or customer service, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company. Able to read and write English.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Medical Benefit
- Dental/ Optical/ Health Screening Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com