Director of Spa - Regent Santa Monica Beach Opening 2024
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 121217
Regent Santa Monica Beach—an IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) property—lands in Santa Monica as the first destination in the Americas.
Poised to open in 2024, Regent Santa Monica Beach will usher in a new era of extraordinary experiences to the California coastline. The resort will set a new standard for modern upper luxury, bringing a fresh perspective to beachfront splendor and effortlessly bold experiences to become an iconic destination.
Regent Santa Monica Beach is set on a coveted coastline location, steps from the famed Santa Monica Pier. The resort will celebrate the beauty of unexpected harmony through contrasts, delivering inspired stays through a blend of serenity and a touch of decadence. The resort will feature sumptuous and tranquil rooms and suites, along with a stunning beachfront pool deck with multiple pools and a destination spa and wellness center. Additionally, Regent Santa Monica Beach will welcome guests from near and far with unforgettable epicurean experiences, including a restaurant concept created in collaboration with an acclaimed celebrity chef as well as a high-end artisanal marketplace.
As Director of Spa, you will be responsible for all aspects of the luxury Resort spa, ranging from budgeting, financial and service level performance, service programs, and day-to-day operations. The Director of Spa is directly responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction and spa operations at an optimal level in a five-star environment, along with delivering the financial objective of the business unit. Adhere to federal, state, and local regulations concerning OSHA, resort emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
A little bit about your day:
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, every day is different, you will:
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as the overall responsibility for driving revenues, establishing staffing levels, support with all interviews and hiring efforts of spa personnel, daily over-site of all spa staff and leadership personnel to work with Resort management in a collaborative and successful manner, and to build a strong work relationship as the ambassador of Regent.
- Train/educate spa leadership to provide a seamless guest experience.
- Be an on-site liaison with the Resort Marketing team for final review and sign off on all spa-marketing efforts/materials.
- Attend all weekly Resort Management meetings.
- Drive Group sales and Retail sales through effective partnership, training, and collaboration with Resort Sales team.
- Maintain proper inventory levels on all spa professional and retail products through effective and timely product inventory counts. Conduct “spot check” inventory counts on a timely basis within the month.
- Ensure daily treatment room checklists are properly maintained by accountable department managers. Ensure cleanliness and maintenance standards for all facets of the operation are properly held to the highest standards.
- Ensures all safety, PPE and sanitation/disinfection standards are properly implemented by all staff daily. Ensures compliance is maintained as outlined by state governing body.
- Ensure all colleagues follow all service standards, rules and regulations as outlined in all onboarding documents and in line with all governing state bodies as relates to their respective licensure.
- Ensure all leaders are providing ongoing over-site for optimal performance of all spa equipment. Ensure that proper documentation is maintained in daily MOD Logs as appropriate.
What We need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of hotel experience in a Senior Management role in 5-star property
- Prior service industry in luxury spa, retail, resort, or restaurant experience.
- Prior experience with Book 4 Time, Booker and Spa Soft spa software preferred.
- Able to exhibit high proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in English.
- Must have a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be reliable and exhibit outstanding customer service skills while also instilling strong performance of said skills within the spa team.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and a proven track record of strong supervisory team performance.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks.
- CPR and First Aid certified desirable.
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $110,000.00 - $120,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A colleague’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current colleague).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual colleagues share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people and complimentary meals and parking. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.