Director of Social Event Sales - Regent Santa Monica Beach Opening 2024
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 122512
Regent Santa Monica Beach—an IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) property—lands in Santa Monica as the first destination in the Americas.
Poised to open in 2024, Regent Santa Monica Beach will usher in a new era of extraordinary experiences to the California coastline. The resort will set a new standard for modern upper luxury, bringing a fresh perspective to beachfront splendor and effortlessly bold experiences to become an iconic destination.
Regent Santa Monica Beach is set on a coveted coastline location, steps from the famed Santa Monica Pier. The resort will celebrate the beauty of unexpected harmony through contrasts, delivering inspired stays through a blend of serenity and a touch of decadence. The resort will feature sumptuous and tranquil rooms and suites, along with a stunning beachfront pool deck with multiple pools and a destination spa and wellness center. Additionally, Regent Santa Monica Beach will welcome guests from near and far with unforgettable epicurean experiences, including a restaurant concept created in collaboration with an acclaimed celebrity chef as well as a high-end artisanal marketplace.
The Director of Social Event Sales will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth by proactively promoting and selling the hotel for social events. They will secure and service social catering business through solicitation and prospecting while maintaining Regent’s established standards and maximizing revenue/profit potential. This role is responsible for selling, booking, and coordinating social events including weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, and all various social engagements. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clients, managing the entire sales process, and ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction. Results-driven creative individual with an established client base is a necessity. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning/afternoon shifts, weekends, and holidays.
A little bit about your day:
Reporting to the Director of Meetings and Events, every day is different. but your essential functions will include the following:
- Partner with Meetings and Events team to curate a list of recommended wedding vendors providing service consistent with the Regent brand
- Oversee event management for events sold by working with Meetings and Events team as well as creating Banquet Event Orders, Event Resumes, and other work product as needed
- Communicate thoroughly, accurately, and professionally with Hotel operations team through timely distribution of all work product and representation at BEO and resume meetings
- Ensure accuracy of folios for each event sold with thorough grasp of financials and adherence to Regent accounting standards
- Actively prospect and generate leads for social catering events, targeting high-profile clients, corporate accounts, and event planners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients to maximize repeat business and referrals.
- Respond to inquiries promptly and professionally, providing detailed information on catering services, menus, pricing, and available options.
- Conduct site visits and coordinate tastings to showcase our catering capabilities and create customized event proposals.
- Collaborate closely with the Banquet and Culinary teams to ensure seamless execution of events, including menu planning, event setup, and staffing requirements, and on-site liaison with client introductions to operations team the day of event.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing agreements with clients, ensuring profitability while meeting the client's needs and maintaining the hotel's standards.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and regular reports on sales activities, including pipeline management, conversion rates, and revenue projections.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, competitor offerings, and market demand to identify opportunities for innovation and business growth.
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and networking functions to enhance visibility and develop professional relationships within the local social event community.
- Execute other relevant tasks as assigned by Director of Sales and Marketing or Director of Meetings and Events
What we need from you:
- Proven experience in social catering sales, preferably within the luxury hotel industry.
- Strong sales acumen and a track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Excellent communication skills, able to build rapport and establish trust with clients.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Highly organized with exceptional time management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically to deliver tailored solutions.
- Proficiency with Delphi and other in-house systems.
- A passion for the hospitality industry and a genuine desire to create unforgettable experiences.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $120,000.00 to $130,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that is allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual colleagues share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return, we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.