Director of Sales & Marketing, voco Orchard Singapore
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: voco™ - Orchard Singapore (SINOR)
Job number: EMEAA23226
Don’t press esc! It’s not a mistake… this is IHG Hotels & Resorts rebranding of one of Singapore’s most world-famous hotels on Orchard Road, under our first premium voco Hotels™ brand in South East Asia and Korea.
The current 423-room hotel will rebrand from Hilton Singapore and upon its relaunch, provide guests with the world-renowned voco™ experience from the moment they walk through its doors. Famed to be hotels to count on, yet different enough to be fun, voco hotels are unstuffy hotels where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with life. Hotels that stand out from the crowd, voco combines familiar comforts with the indulgences of a hotel, to create somewhere that’s dependable, but not vanilla. Somewhere premium, but with a laidback spirit. Somewhere reliable, but different.
voco Orchard Singapore is seeking a dynamic, passionate and creative Director of Sales & Marketing to be part of this exciting rebranding project. This role requires the shortlisted candidate to develop and implement the complete sales and marketing strategy of the hotel to ensure that revenue goals are achieved across all segments; revenue, sales and marketing strategies are set; plans are created and implemented; and that results are monitored and achieved.
Your day to day
Your day to day:
- Achieve budgeted revenues and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility. Drive the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel. Produce monthly reports and forecasts.
- Develop hotel-level sales & marketing plans and special programs that drive measurable, incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business volume during off-peak periods, increase local food and beverage and banquet sales, and enhance the image of the hotel in the local community. Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department heads on solutions.
- Analyse current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate. Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients.
- Review advertising, print and other media for the hotel. Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity and are appropriate for target audience.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Create, train, and motivate a sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while maintaining guest satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the sales team, plan, organize, and assign work, develop and communicate strategies and goals. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures
- Work closely with key contacts within the city to ensure constant, high-profile exposure of the hotel. Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business. In coordination with General Manager, serve as hotel representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the corporate Public Relations Department if necessary.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Marketing, digital, and PR agencies within local, domestic and international markets
- Corporate accounts, travel agencies, airlines, wholesalers, – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, private clubs, community groups, local media)
- Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel.
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant experience or similar capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- IHG hotel experience coupled with pre-opening or conversion experience will be an added advantage
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and foster beneficial relationships especially with owning company and business partners
- High level of passion, enthusiasm and drive for result
- High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Keeps abreast of changes and assesses trends in market conditions and consumer buying behaviour to create strategies that drive business opportunities