Director of Sales & Marketing at voco™ Dubai Palm Jumeirah (Pre-opening)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA24757
Welcome to voco™, IHG’s new upscale brand. Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm Jumeirah is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
As Director of Sales & Marketing, you’ll develop and implement the total sales and marketing strategy of the hotel to ensure that revenue and room night sales goals are achieved; revenue, sales and marketing strategies are set; tactical plans are created and implemented; and that results are monitored and achieved.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility. Drive the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel. Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts.
- Develop hotel-level tactical sales plans and special programs that drive measurable, incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business volume during off-peak periods, increase local food and beverage and banquet sales, and enhance the image of the hotel in the local community. Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Analyse current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate. Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients.
- Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel.
- Create, train, and motivate a sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while maintaining guest satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the sales team, plan, organize, and assign work, develop and communicate strategies and goals. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures.
- Review advertising, print and other media for the hotel. Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity and are appropriate for target audience.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ of relevant experience or similar capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and foster beneficial relationships especially with owning company and business partners
- High level of passion in the Sales & Marketing field including F&B commercial, enthusiasm and drive for result
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.