Director of Sales & Marketing, InterContinental Singapore
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Singapore, SG-01, Singapore
Hotel: InterContinental - Singapore (SINHB)
Job number: EMEAA23227
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Develop and implement the total sales and marketing strategy of the hotel to ensure that revenue and room night sales goals are achieved; revenue, sales and marketing strategies are set; tactical plans are created and implemented; and that results are monitored and achieved.
The ideal candidate should also display a strong business acumen on F&B commercial and be able to work with the team to generate new revenue ideas.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility. Drive the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel. Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts.
- Develop hotel-level tactical sales plans and special programs that drive measurable, incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business volume during off-peak periods, increase local food and beverage and banquet sales, and enhance the image of the hotel in the local community. Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department heads on solutions.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate. Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients.
- Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Create, train, and motivate a sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while maintaining guest satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Work closely with key contacts within the city to ensure constant, high-profile exposure of the hotel. Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business. In coordination with General Manager, serve as hotel representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the corporate Public Relations Department if necessary.
Direct the day-to-day activities of the sales team, plan, organize, and assign work, develop and communicate strategies and goals. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures.
Direct the scheduling of conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
Review advertising, print and other media for the hotel. Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity and are appropriate for target audience.
What we need from you
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant experience or similar capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- IHG hotel experience coupled with insights on Marina Bay area will be an added advantage
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and foster beneficial relationships especially with owning company and business partners
- High level of passion in the Sales & Marketing field including F&B commercial, enthusiasm and drive for result
- High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Keeps abreast of changes and assesses trends in market conditions and consumer buying behaviour to create strategies that drive business opportunities