Director of Sales & Marketing - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC), 900 Wilshire Boulevard, 90017
Job number: 116551
Do you see yourself as a Director of Sales & Marketing? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown is located in the Wilshire Grand building, standing 73 stories tall in the core of Downtown’s historic, entertainment, financial, arts, and sports districts. Ideally placed at the heart of the revitalized, energy-charged urban center of the United States’ second-largest city, the hotel provides first-class hospitality that seamlessly intertwines with the fabric of the burgeoning Downtown area.
As Director of Sales & Marketing you’ll develop and implement strategies to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
- Manage daily sales activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance.
- Train colleagues to make sure they hit hotel revenue goals to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work effectively.
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where needed.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed.
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue.
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability.
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related inquiries.
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments.
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
This is the top sales and marketing job in a large, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. May manage a large number of professional level and administrative sales, catering, and/or convention employee
Key Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field
- Four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required
- Must speak local language
- Other languages preferred
What We Offer
The salary range for this role is $165,000 to $225,000 annually. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown in Los Angeles, California. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.