Director of Sales & Marketing
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Kingdom, London
Hotel: London Park Lane (LONHB), One Hamilton Place, Park Lane, W1J 7QY
Job number: 122592
At InterContinental London Park Lane, we are currently looking to for a Director of Sales and Marketing to join the team.
Welcome to InterContinental London Park Lane
Located at one of the capital's most prestigious addresses, where the late Queen Elizabeth II once resided. Our hotel redefines traditional luxury, offering a blend of modernity and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its scenic views overlooking two Royal Parks, our establishment boasts elegant natural interiors and award-winning seasonal cuisine.
As Director of Sales and Marketing you will develop and implement strategies to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved for our luxury flagship hotel.
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Hotel Management, Business, or a relevant field of work or possess an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience in hotel operations. A minimum of 5 years of work-related experience in relevant sales and marketing, including the development and execution of tactical sales programs (business plans) and marketing strategies supporting business growth. A solid track record of sales achievement in the service and hospitality industry is essential.
You will demonstrate the ability to interpret hotel performance data from multiple sources across a large market, identify trends, and create strategies to capitalize on opportunities. You are a creative thinker with a strategic mindset and the ability to translate ideas into actionable plans. Your analytical skills mean you can use analysis results to make effective strategic decisions. Your knowledge of marketing and sales principles, including channel strategy means you have the ability to identify actions to improve hotel performance and develop tailored action plans for individual hotel/account’s needs and sophistication. You understand the Hotels business mix (corporate, conference, and leisure) and can develop segmentation strategies and plans which is crucial within the London Luxury Market.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients.
- Strong leadership skills to build relationships and influence at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent selling capabilities with the ability and desire to coach selling techniques up to and including senior sales managers.
- Well-developed commercial acumen with the ability to take calculated risks.
- External networking capability and awareness of local, national, and global trends in the commercial world.
- Ability to identify new trends, key people, make quick meaningful connections, and convert them into business leads.
- Capability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision while maintaining high standards and attention to detail.
- Knowledge to brings in external best practices.
We are committed to offer and provide our Director of Sales and Marketing with a competitive salary and a large range of benefits:
- Competitive plus annual Sales bonus and great IHG perks!
- 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- We provide every employee company sick pay and life insurance
- Subsidised childcare support
- Medical and Dental Healthcare
- Professional career development with our IHG Leadership programs
- Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world
- Discounts from over 15,000 stores – all the way from retail to cinema
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
At InterContinental London Park Lane, we strive to make international travel more alluring by offering a ‘Slice of the InterContinental Life’:
- We maintain service of the highest standards, intertwined with local cultural wisdom and international know-how
As such, we take our colleagues on a personal and professional development journey to ensure they have the confidence to deliver the best service. We offer a range of self-development resources including personal access to the Headspace app, Mental Health First Aider training sessions all the way to financial wellbeing support. We also offer professional and career development with our IHG Leadership programmes and our partnership with Harvard Mentor.
- We’re charismatic, sophisticated, and cosmopolitan…
We deliver a luxury environment to our colleagues by offering wellbeing activities on a monthly basis. We organise monthly social events and take pride in fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone can thrive and have a place to belong.
- Did you know we’re the largest luxury hotel brand?
We offer a large range of benefits to support the financial wellbeing of our colleagues; from discounts on retail and various activities over 15,000 stores; our recognition scheme where we provide monetary bonuses and praises for outstanding work; subsidised taxi journey for shifts starting or finishing between 00:00 and 05:00am to worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all colleagues, their friends and family too!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.