Director of Sales
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: New Zealand, Queenstown
Hotel: Queenstown Remarkables Park (ZQNPK), 28 Red Oaks Drive, Frankton, 9371
Job number: 117748
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park is your new hub for South Island exploration. With a convenient location in the Remarkables Park precinct just 5 minutes from Queenstown Airport, our full service hotel has a range of modern facilities to make your stay extra comfortable while you create memories in the heart of New Zealand’s world-famous alpine playground.
As the Director of Sales, you’ll develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel. In partnership with the IHG Revenue Management Team you shall ensure room revenue and food and beverage sales targets are achieved. You shall proactively seek sales opportunities and nurture existing relationships to maximise return.
What we need from you
- Strong communication skills, ability to build strong working relationships with current and potential clients
- Problem solving and the ability to adapt to varying situations
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required
- Ability to train and develop a small team
- Four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field
- Appropriate drivers license and independent transportation
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop skills will be held in high regard
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, have a flexible balance, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits including:
- A carpark at the hotel
- Flexible work options
- Paid day off for your birthday leave,
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible work options
- Proactive health days
- 50% off Hotel Food & Beverage
- Access to discounts for over 6,000 hotels worldwide!
- Lifelong development program and the opportunity to work in one of our 6,000 hotels!
- IHG career milestone celebrations
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.