Director of Safety & Security - Regent Santa Monica Beach Opening 2024
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 116719
Regent Santa Monica Beach—an IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) property—lands in Santa Monica as the first destination in the Americas. The resort will set a new standard for modern upper luxury.
Located steps from the famed Santa Monica Pier, the resort will celebrate the beauty of unexpected harmony through contrasts, delivering inspired stays through a blend of serenity and a touch of decadence. The resort will feature sumptuous rooms and suites, along with a stunning beachfront pool deck, a destination spa and a wellness center. Additionally, Regent Santa Monica Beach will welcome guests for unforgettable epicurean experiences, including a restaurant concept created in collaboration with an acclaimed celebrity chef as well as a high-end artisanal marketplace.
As Director of Safety & Security, you will manage the Security function to provide a safe and secure hotel environment for our guests and team members. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning OSHA, hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures
A little bit about your day
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, every day is different, you will:
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orientation and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Train/educate team members on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all Company loss control policies and current security and safety regulations. Develop and conduct training for general managers, security officers, and line level team members in the area of safety, security and fire protection.
- Monitor the Workers Compensation claims/statistics and manage the Workers Compensation reduction program by implementing property specific procedures to reduce claims.
- Provide security services in a full-service, luxury resort, with multiple sites and facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests.
- Determine the security and safety requirements necessary to ensure that hotel property, employees and guests are protected against theft, crime and threats on a 24 hour per day basis.
What We need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
- Minimum of four years of hotel or related safety and security experience and/or military/law enforcement experience
- Knowledge of workers compensation and Osha preferred
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally in English.
- Working in a fast paced, luxury or ultra-luxury setting preferred
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $115,000.00 to $125,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current team member).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people and complimentary parking. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.