Director of Rooms
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney (SYDHA), 117 Macquarie Street, 2000
Job number: 107681
Your day to day
Reporting to the Executive Assistant Manager, you will manage and lead the overall operations of the Rooms Division, including Front Office, Concierge and Housekeeping>
Leading from the front, you will create a team who are highly customer focused delivering exceptional guest service, whilst proactively driving and maximising revenue and upselling programs.
You will be an experienced senior hotel leader who enjoys leading by example and working closely with your team, seeing the value in coaching and developing individuals around you. Your focus on continuous improvement and problem solving will ensure that you are comfortable with accountability for the Rooms Division across the hotel.
This is a busy and varied role that will allow you to further stretch your leadership, commercial acumen, organisational skills and exceptional guest deliverables within a high performing environment.
What we need from you
- Previous Rooms Division / Front Office Management experience within a 200 plus room 4 or 5 star hotel/resort
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to engage, train and coach a team to achieve great results
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent commercial acumen, including forecasting, month end procedures / reporting and business plans
- Exceptional service standards and ability to lead within a high end, luxury, VIP environment
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Ability to work weekends as per business demands
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive Salary
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us and lets Go Further Together!
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.