Director of Revenue
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Qatar, Doha
Hotel: Doha - The Business Park (DOHCP), Airport Road, PO Box 22080
Job number: 119248
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way. With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there are countless opportunities at your fingertips. We’re growing; grow with us. Conveniently located in the heart of one of Doha's key business districts, close to major banks, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park is just a 15-minute drive by car or complimentary shuttle from Doha's Hamad International Airport and near such attractions as Museum of Islamic Arts and Souk Waqif. Our 378 stylish guestrooms and suites at Crowne Plaza and 307 well-appointed guestrooms at Holiday Inn are all equipped with modern amenities designed for comfort and high-speed wireless internet access to stay connected
• Using the tools provided and in compliance with the IHG standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of external events, competitor rate intelligence, Rev Par penetration, arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates, Loyalty program penetration, system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues.
• Understand the composition of hotel profitability and uses this to evaluate business from local accounts and groups so as to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
• Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommends appropriate actions in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
• Facilitate the Revenue Room Meeting and generates reports and analyses needed for these meetings, displaying key facts/trends etc.,
• Monitor and determine demand periods for function space, rooms and catering through an analysis of historical data and current bookings. Responsible for tracking and analyzing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business. Approve and/or implement sell strategies for all group proposals on any one night, and collaborates with the Director of Sales or Director of Catering on setting group and conference rates
• Train and support hotel teams on revenue systems functionality and enhancements.
• Champion all special projects relating to market research and operational optimization
What we need from you:
• Bachelor’s degree, higher education qualification or equivalent in Hotel Revenue Management or Business Administration
• 4-5 years of similar hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Proven experience in reservations management within the hospitality industry.
• Strong knowledge of reservation software and revenue management systems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
• Strong leadership and team management skills.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.