Director of Operations - Australasia & Pacific - Luxury & Lifestyle
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Corp Sydney
Job number: R204788
InterContinental Hotels Group are one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have almost 6,000 open hotels with 1800 in the pipeline globally to open.
You'll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts as well as Kimpton Hotels.
All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating True Hospitality for Good. This is a mission that's seen us go from strength to strength with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team.
Your day to day
What an amazing time to be joining IHG. With spectacular openings in our region and a healthy pipeline of new hotels to come, as well as a newly revamped rewards program, the timing couldn’t be better.
With our portfolio of Luxury & Lifestyle hotels growing we are now recruiting for a newly created role, Director of Operations, Luxury & Lifestyle – Australia & Pacific. This role, based in our Sydney Support Centre, will support the managed and franchised brands of Regent, InterContinental, Vignette Collection, Hotel Indigo and Kimpton. Reporting to our Managing Director of Australasia and forming part of our Australasia Pacific Leadership team, the key responsibility of this role is to lead the Luxury & Lifestyle teams in executing brand culture while driving operational performance and financial metrics. This senior leadership role is a wonderful opportunity to oversee a luxury and lifestyle hotel portfolio, delivering on the responsibilities through strong IHG, owner and other stakeholder relationships.
What we need from you
This is a senior leadership role in our support office; therefore, the following skills and attributes are essential to ensure success in the role
- Understanding and experience in hotel operations, multi-unit leadership and owner economics within the luxury and lifestyle category.
- Time spent working above property and a preferred understanding of the support office matrix
- Passion in delivering genuine luxury guest experiences using IHG tools and resources.
- Significant knowledge in how to work effectively with sophisticated / institutional owners
- Proven examples of leading and improving operational capabilities of a hotel
- Business smart, commercially savvy and a strategic thinker
- Track record of attracting, coaching and developing talent
- Nuanced ability to navigate multiple internal functions to create stakeholder alignment
- Powerful connector and skilled communicator who can build trusting relationships
- Ability to initiate and lead change
- Ability to lead and inspire senior leaders
- Ability to leverage a large matrixed organization
- Travel is essential to support our hotels
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, luxurious and energetic working office environment, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to leverage our multitude of development programs, learning courses and career pathways within the global IHG community.
At IHG you are an individual, so we offer opportunities for flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Additionally, we value diversity, equity & inclusion, and promote wellness as a priority for our colleagues through our suite of industry leading benefits.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please go to www.careers.ihg.com
IHG is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.