Director of Operations - Australasia & Pacific
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Corp Sydney
Job number: R204702
InterContinental Hotels Group are one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have almost 6,000 open hotels with 1800 in the pipeline globally to open.
You'll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world – Six Senses, Regent, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, voco, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Avid Hotels, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels as well as HUALUXE Hotels.
All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating True Hospitality for Good. This is a mission that's seen us go from strength to strength with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team.
Your day to day
What an amazing time to be joining IHG. With spectacular openings in our region and a healthy pipeline of new hotels to come, as well as a newly revamped rewards program, the timing couldn’t be better.
As our portfolio of hotels grow, there will be a continued focus on our well known and mainstream brands, which include Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza and voco Hotels. As such we are now recruiting for a newly created role of Director of Operations – Australasia & Pacific. The role will be based in our Sydney support office, reporting to our Managing Director of Australasia & Pacific, and forming part of our Australasia Pacific Leadership team. The key responsibility is to lead the Mainstream hotels teams in the delivery of balanced operational performance and financial metrics. This senior leadership role is an exceptional opportunity to oversee our well known and established mainstream managed and franchise hotel portfolio, driving the estate further by leveraging IHG tools and resources. With a focus on delivering outstanding performance through strong IHG, owner and other stakeholder relationships.
What we need from you
This is a senior leadership role in our support office, therefore, the following skills and attributes are essential to ensure success in the role:
- Understanding and experience in hotel operations, multi-unit leadership and owner economics within IHG or similar
- Time spent working above property and a preferred understanding of the support office matrix
- Proven understanding of how to drive operational excellence by working collaboratively with hotel teams
- Significant knowledge in how to work effectively with sophisticated / institutional owners
- Excellent understanding of the IHG mainstream brands and competition
- Business smart, commercially savvy and a strategic thinker
- Track record of attracting, coaching and developing talent
- Nuanced ability to navigate multiple internal functions to create stakeholder alignment
- Powerful connector and skilled communicator who can build trusting relationships
- Ability to initiate and lead change
- Ability to lead senior leaders
- Ability to leverage a large matrixed
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, luxurious and energetic working office environment, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to leverage our multitude of development programs, learning courses and career pathways within the global IHG community.
At IHG you are an individual, so we offer opportunities for flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Additionally, we value diversity, equity & inclusion, and promote wellness as a priority for our colleagues through our suite of industry leading benefits.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please go to www.careers.ihg.com
IHG is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.