Director of Operations
Hotel Brand: Even Hotels
Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Hotel: EVEN - Pittsburgh Downtown (PITEV)
Job number: R208180
At EVEN Hotels®, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge, and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
Be Encouraging by recognizing our guest’s achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
Your day to day
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff; assist the General Manager in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management
- Help the General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel. Provide regular direction and manage hotel operations for all departments.
- Monitor and report variances against budget and control labor costs and other expenses.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty
- Foster positive owner relationships if applicable and assist in providing ongoing information and status reports
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner
- Review guest feedback and implement strategies for continuous improvement
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and alcohol services
- Maintain a focus and commitment to operating a “green” hotel
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration
- Three years of guest service/hotel experience with at least two years in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous extended stay experience or experience in a hotel of similar size and complexity preferred
- Must speak fluent English
- Other languages preferred
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.