Director of Operations
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Singapore Little India (SINLI)
Job number: EMEAA25603
At Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts,our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand, you’re more than just a job title.
At Holiday Inn, we look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Join us as a Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Singapore Little India. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because, for this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can:
Your day to day
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Review guest feedback and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with the hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and alcohol services.
- Maintain a focus and commitment to operating a “green” hotel.
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff; assist the General Manager in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Help the General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel. Provide regular direction and manage hotel operations for all departments.
- Monitor and report variances against budget and control labour costs and other expenses.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the hotel and/or company and brand loyalty.
- Foster positive owner relationships if applicable and assist in providing ongoing information and status reports.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration.
- 3 years’ guest service/hotel experience with at least two years in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous extended stay experience or experience in a hotel of similar size and complexity preferred
- Must speak fluent English.
- Other languages preferred.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:-
- Duty meals
- Birthday Leave on your birthday month
- Monthly LOVE Hour
- Medical, dental & optical benefits
- Insurance Coverage
- 25-50% F&B Discount at restaurants within IHG Singapore Hotels
- Special Employee Rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
- Room to Grow opportunities
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5,900 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have Room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com.