Director of Marketing
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: voco™ - Orchard Singapore (SINOR)
Job number: EMEAA24453
Don’t press esc! It’s not a mistake… IHG Hotels & Resorts to unveil the latest premium voco™ hotel brand in South East Asia on Singapore’s world-famous Orchard Road from January 2022.
The current 423-room hotel will rebrand from Hilton Singapore and upon its relaunch, provide guests with the world-renowned voco™ experience from the moment they walk through its doors. Famed to be hotels to count on, yet different enough to be fun, voco hotels are unstuffy hotels where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with life. Hotels that stand out from the crowd, voco combines familiar comforts with the indulgences of a hotel, to create somewhere that’s dependable, but not vanilla. Somewhere premium, but with a laidback spirit. Somewhere reliable, but different.
Your day to day
voco Orchard Singapore is seeking a dynamic and passionate Director of Marketing to be part of this exciting rebranding project. As Director of Marketing, you are responsible for the planning, directing, and coordinating on all communication activities, with an emphasis on public relations. You will direct day-to-day marketing activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Manage daily marketing activities, plan and assign work
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
- Maintains regular contact with IHG cluster hotels for participation in IHG marketing initiatives
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue
- Works with the team in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Duties include:
- Participate in the preparation and planning of the of the departmental (marketing communications) budget and goals
- Accountable to drive success and ROI of the marketing initiatives – from internal team and external vendors
- Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Provides input to the annual budget and sales and marketing plan
- Monitor digital marketing performance to ensure good return in investment
- Maintains regular good contact with media and involves in media entertainment, site inspection for visiting media and journalists (including but not limiting to business partners, meeting and convention planners, visitors/convention bureau, travel agents, tour operators, airlines, corporate accounts, Government Departments and other producers closely allied to hotel's business)
- Ensures that photography and hotel content is well maintained and updated as per brands standards
- Coordinates, maintains and utilises an updated database of contacts for promotions
- Actively engages with business partners and users of digital business platform
- Recommends and manages social media marketing platforms
- Recommends and manages third party Public Relations agencies
- Demonstrates awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Main liaison person and spokesperson for hotel in times of crisis, handling media and public enquiries
- Ensures that all e-commerce platforms are maintained with updated information and photographs (including but limiting to hotel managed websites, HCM, online travel agencies' websites)
- Recommends and implements all promotional and marketing opportunities on GDS channels, Online Travel Agents' websites, online weddings reference websites and related magazines (for rooms and food & beverage business)
- Identifies opportunities for IHG Rewards Club and IHG Business Rewards channels to further enhance hotel business
- Works with Director of Revenue to ensure a successful integration and implementation of all IHG distribution tools and systems
What we need from you
- Degree in Marketing Communications or Business or equivalent.
- You have minimum 5 years working experience.
- Experience in hotel PR and Marcomms in a senior leadership position or work experience in advertising agency, public relations, travel industry system connectivity will be added advantage.
- Experience in team and stakeholder management is preferred
- IHG hotel experience coupled with pre-opening or conversion experience will be an added advantage
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.