Director of Human Resources
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: Lower East Side New York (NYCOS), 171 Ludlow Street, 10002
Job number: 106040
As HR Director, you’ll drive HR and initiatives such as hiring, benefits, employee relations and training programmes, to ensure compliance for hotel team members. You’ll also promote a positive team culture whilst ensuring colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life. You'll also coach the General Manager and leadership team on all people-related issues.
- Create programmes to foster a positive work environment for all employees. Support and administer an annual team member satisfaction survey.
- Educate and train managers on HR disciplines to foster productivity and enhance performance
- Welcome and conduct new team member orientation.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and records for all employees.
- Ensure hiring standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- Build great relations with outside contacts.
- Help create and work within the HR budget.
- Monitor staffing and labour standards to manage costs.
- Mitigate financial risks associated with employee relations issues.
- Identify and analyse local compensation and benefits practices to ensure financial competitiveness.
- Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide guests with a unique experience.
- Make time to interact with guests to hear feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction.
- Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in local community.
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and hotel or company policies and procedures.
- Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution through your employee relations programmes.
- Collect and maintain data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports to identify trends, training needs, and supervisory issues.
- In a union environment, may manage labour relations and represent the hotel in grievances, mediations, arbitrations and contract negotiation.
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
This is the top HR role in a large, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with extensive facilities and services, a number of major outlets, and catering and convention facilities. Typically manages HR colleagues and admin team.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent
- 4 years’ of related experience in HR
- Some supervisory experience also preferred
- Professional HR designation preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all HR related matters
- Must speak local language(s)
- Other languages preferred
The salary range for this role is $90,000-$120,000 USD annual. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City, NY. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
**This job is also eligible for bonus pay**
You can apply for this role through https://careers.ihg.com/en/ or through https://careers.ihg.com/en/internal-careers if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.