Director of Human Resources
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Hotel: Manza Beach Resort (OKAHA), 2260 Aza-Seragaki, Onna-son
Job number: 101808
Bringing people together is what hospitality’s all about. And we’re looking for a HR Director who can promote a positive, inspiring and motivating culture at IHG, bringing the best out of every colleague so they’re empowered to deliver truly exceptional guest experiences.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different at IHG, but you’ll mostly be:
• Building a positive work environment for all IHG colleagues throughout their career with us – from onboarding, to training and promotions, through to exit
• Leading, educating and training the wider team and General Manager on people issues and HR disciplines to enhance performance
• Developing creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide our hotel guests with unique experiences
• Overseeing day-to-day HR management, reporting and filing and identifying process areas for attention
• Identifying and analysing the local market to ensure our own offering remains competitive
• Enhancing our hotels’ reputation in the local community and beyond, and promoting team member involvement in the local community
What We need from you:
• Bachelor’s degree, higher education qualification or equivalent
• Four years of related experience in HR – supervisory experience is also beneficial
• Professional HR designation preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality to the extent possible in all HR-related matters
• Must speak local language(s) - Japanese
• Other languages preferred
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.