Director of Housekeeping - Regent Santa Monica Beach Opening 2024
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 122672
Regent Santa Monica Beach—an IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) property—lands in Santa Monica as the first destination in the Americas. The resort will set a new standard for modern upper luxury.
Located steps from the famed Santa Monica Pier, the resort will celebrate the beauty of unexpected harmony through contrasts, delivering inspired stays through a blend of serenity and a touch of decadence. The resort will feature sumptuous rooms and suites, along with a stunning beachfront pool deck, a destination spa and a wellness center. Additionally, Regent Santa Monica Beach will welcome guests for unforgettable epicurean experiences, including a restaurant concept created in collaboration with an acclaimed celebrity chef as well as a high-end artisanal marketplace.
The Director of Housekeeping for our ultra-luxury hotel is a key leadership position responsible for overseeing and managing the housekeeping and laundry operations to ensure exceptional cleanliness, organization, and presentation throughout the hotel. This role requires a commitment to delivering unparalleled service and maintaining the highest cleanliness and efficiency standards.
- Leadership and Team Management: Provide strong leadership and guidance to the housekeeping team, including managers, supervisors, room attendants, house attendants, laundry attendants, minibar attendants, and uniform colleagues. Foster a positive work environment and culture, promote teamwork, and train and motivate colleagues to deliver exceptional service.
- Operational Excellence: Develop and implement standard operating procedures in accordance with Forbes 5-star luxury standards to ensure efficient and effective housekeeping and laundry operations. Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and maintenance of all guest rooms, public areas, heart-of-house areas, and amenities. Continuously strive for excellence and exceed guest expectations in cleanliness and overall guest experience.
- Guest Satisfaction: Work closely with other housekeeping team and other departments to ensure a seamless and uplifting experience. Address guest feedback and concerns promptly, striving to exceed expectations and maintain the hotel’s reputation for excellence.
- Quality Control: Regularly inspect guest rooms and public areas to ensure adherence to the highest cleanliness and quality standards. Address any deficiencies promptly and work closely with other departments to resolve guest issues or concerns related to housekeeping.
- Inventory and Supplies Management: Oversee the inventory and ordering of housekeeping supplies, amenities, linens, and cleaning products. Maintain a cost-effective approach while ensuring an ample supply of necessary items to support daily operations.
- Budgeting and Cost Control: Prepare and manage the housekeeping department budget, ensuring effective cost control measures are in place. Identify opportunities for cost saving without compromising quality or service.
- Training and Development: Develop and implement comprehensive training programs for housekeeping staff, focusing on technical skills, safety procedures, and customer service. Provide ongoing coaching and development opportunities to foster a skilled and knowledgeable team.
- Health and Safety Compliance: Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations and guidelines, including proper handling and storage of cleaning chemicals, adherence to established safety protocols, and implementation of proper ergonomics practices.
- Sustainability Initiatives: Implement and promote eco-friendly practices and initiatives within the housekeeping department, such as energy conservation, waste reduction, and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Collaboration and Communication: Foster effective communication and collaboration with other departments, such as Front Office, Engineering, and Food and Beverage, to ensure seamless operations and guest satisfaction. Coordinate with the Concierge and Front Desk teams to ensure timely guest and special services delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or a related field (preferred)
- Proven experience in a leadership role with a union environment within the housekeeping department of an ultra-luxury hotel or a similar upscale hospitality establishment
- Strong knowledge of housekeeping operations, including cleaning techniques, equipment, and industry best practices
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate effectively.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to the highest cleanliness and guest service standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, building positive relationships with staff, guests, and other hotel departments.
- Proficiency in hotel property management systems and related software
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Familiarity with sustainability practices and initiatives within the hospitality industry
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $105,000.00 to $120,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we, in good faith, believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return, we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.