Director of Housekeeping -Hotel Indigo LES
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: Indigo - Lower East Side New York (NYCOS)
Job number: R193815
Do you see yourself as a Director of Housekeeping for our trendy Hotel Indigo Lower East Side Manhattan property? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original. · Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident. · Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on. · Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
Manage the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
· Control expenses within all areas of housekeeping. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
· Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
· Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Guest Relations, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage.
· Monitor, coordinate and execute the special needs and requests of VIP, repeat guests and members of frequency program(s).
· Respond to guest complaints and special requests, and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
· May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
· Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
· Conduct comprehensive departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events which warrant special handling and detailed information.
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department, plan, schedule, and organize work to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
· Develop and implement procedures for managing the quality of housekeeping and laundry services. Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, housekeeping and food and beverage linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Ensure that employees are advised of deficiencies and instructed on corrective action.
· May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
· May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
· May assist with other duties as assigned.
This is the top job in the housekeeping department. Typically manages a large number of housekeeping and laundry employees in a full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel which may include multiple sites and facilities, a number of major outlets, high volume of catering and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests.
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent plus four years housekeeping/laundry experience preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity and including supervisory experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
· Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to de
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion?
Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans