Director of GXSS Design and Development
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R189651
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
Your day to day
Lead and develop GXSS – Guest Experience and Shared Services. successful implementation of global and multi-brand training strategies and programs for the franchise hotel community and Corporate stakeholders to support short and long-term objectives. Direct and manage the needs-assessment and strategic goals informing the solutions being developed. Provide strategic recommendations on approaches and strategies, product/service offerings, strategic alliances, training distribution, and brand training standards. Accomplish goals and objectives through a combination of internal and external partners.
- Direct needs-assessments with global stakeholders on program and training needs to be developed by GXSS – Guest Experience and Shared Services.
- Lead the design and development of training and shared services programs to drive performance for owners and operators.
- Direct projects with internal and external agency partners in design, production and post-production of programs
- Project manage collaborative efforts across the estate to design and deploy multi-brand solutions.
- Work with peer Director on delivery and sustainment plan.
- Oversee and direct all market research and data analysis (within assigned area) to execute the growth and enhancement of the Guest Experience & Shared Services programming.
- Internal stakeholder relationships across the business with a focus on Brand teams
- Lead a team
What we need from you
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 8 or more year’s progressive work-related experience in brand, customer-service related training design and facilitation, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
- Prior supervisory or team leader experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people including the ability to manage remote staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Service/Hospitality industry, hotel operations and systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated instructional design skills to effectively develop client focused training programs.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of training design principles and practices.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to communicate information to groups in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with customers, employees and senior management.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated consulting skills for the purpose of advising trainers and managers.
- Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Master’s Degree Preferred.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans