Director of Food & Beverage - ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Japan, Kyushu-Okinawa, Okinawa
Hotel: InterContinental - Manza Beach Resort (OKAHA)
Job number: EMEAA25987
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
- Responsible for the management and achievement of profit for all food and beverage operations in the hotel including restaurants, bars, kitchen operations, catering and banquet operations.
- Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
- Oversee the management of restaurants, bars and outlets
- Oversee the management of the kitchen operations
- Oversee the management of catering operations
- Oversee the management of banquet operations
- Manage staff within the hotel’s organization structure and human resource and hotel policies
- Communicate regularly with food and beverage staff and conduct effective staff briefings
- Provide a professional, advisory and executive support service to the General Manager to assist in meeting strategic goals
- Establish systems which monitor the achievement of departmental goals
- Ensure compliance with business operations and hospitality laws
- Work with sales to manage the development of new products and services
- Develop quality management systems
- With Purchasing Manager, develop and monitor the implementation of purchasing procedures
- Manage the delivery of high quality service to guests
- Access and use Food and Beverage computer programs
- Achieve budgeted revenues, prepare monthly forecast, monitor and control food, beverage and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage department. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans that support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on quality and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good Communication and writing skills in both Japanese and English.
- Ideally, alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field
- 4+ years related experience, including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
What we offer
With a family of 9 brands and more than 5,500 hotels in 100 countries, well give you opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career, not forgetting a competitive salary and benefits package with hotel discounts worldwide! You'll join not only a brand that believes in the importance of superior, understated service and outstanding facilities but also a team that is passionate about connecting guests to what's unique about the destination and sharing that knowledge, so guests leave with an authentic and memorable experience. Most importantly, we give you Room to be yourself. If this sounds like the perfect move for you, apply online now! Get in touch and tell us how you could bring your passion and your individual skills to IHG.