Director of Facilities & Engineering
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Hotel: voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R197472
Do you have experience in Directing Facilities & Engineering Management?
Are you looking for a Director of Facilities & Engineering role that will offer you Flexibility, variety, diversity that owns, shape & executes functional strategy, for Cardiff's most renowned 5* Hotels.
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer” The Marine Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike
As Director of Facilities & Engineering, you will effectively work through the team, execute the activities needed to ensure the property is maintained to the highest standards, systems are fit for purpose, ensure the property is able to operate efficiently, and that the building, and the persons within it are always safe and secure.
Your day to day
This role will give a great opportunity for a Director of Facilities & Engineering to stamp their mark on the properties and play a major part in this company’s growth and development.
Areas of Accountability: PPM schedule | reactive maintenance | testing and record keeping | upkeep of technical systems |contractor and supplier relations |property condition | fire, life and safety | security | green engage | technology | special projects
- Supports the creation of and executes the property facilities strategy that spans all areas of accountability as listed
- Has full accountability for budget in areas of accountability listed, including planned capital expenditure on property and infrastructure
- Signs off on all recruitment, rostering and any other service contracts required to ensure the effective and efficient manning and services are provided to meet the needs of, as a minimum, the building, brand safety standards, insurance, licenses and risk assessments
- Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations, and working with other executive team members and departmental heads ensures the business is always operated within the law
- Supports all departments to ensure the property, fixtures, fittings, plant and machinery is always kept in good condition, supports carbon reduction and any servicing required and records needed are up to date and stored safely
- Ensuring The property and its contents (including people) are kept safe and secure
- Leads Performance Management activities for all facilities team.
- Solves complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions and makes it right
- Can explain the purpose and vision of the facilities function in a way which is meaningful and motivating.
- Identify a range of opportunities and take specific action to improve performance results
- Takes ownership for leading through change and adapts plans to take account of changing situations
- Embeds culture and enthusiasm and a sense of accountability to deliver great performance
- Builds relationships and networks across and outside the business
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a people focused Hotel facilities & Engineering department and have strong people management experience.
- To have led (head of department) one or more hotel facilities & Engineering departments as listed, for 3 or more years in a global hotel brand of the same classification (as minimum) with comparable size and complexity
- Experience at least three of the following; writing and executing a full preventative maintenance program, responsibility for testing and record keeping for fire, life and safety systems, taking remedial action on the fire and water risk assessments, sourcing and working with contractors on technical services and projects, writing a full security risk assessment and taking remedial action, performing update to technology infrastructure, led green engage on property
- Experience in developing, managing and achieving budgets –understands ROI
- up to £45,000 per annum, Plus 20% STI Bonus
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Director of Facilities & Engineering, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK