A little taste of your day-to-day:
Our guests’ safety and comfort is our number one priority. Are you ready to make it yours? We’re searching for a Director of Engineering that sees the big picture to keep his team one step ahead of maintenance challenges. While motivating them to take pride in delivering safe and compliant stays 24/7/365.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Directing daily engineering needs to ensure the right team is always on the right task
● Developing a maintenance programme that creates a safe, secure and comfortable environment for our guests to enjoy
● Overseeing physical operations – from maintenance and repair to security and servicing
● Being flexible to react to ad-hoc duties where we have to unexpectedly pull together to get a task completed
● Supervising a number of maintenance and engineering staff as well as tradespeople and contractors in a large, luxury, resort setting
What We need from you:
● Some college or advanced vocational training
● Four years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Specialised expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
● Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required
● Hotel experience preferred
● Professional certification and licence if required by law
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.