Director of Banquets - Regent Santa Monica Beach Opening 2024
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 121344
The Regent Santa Monica Beach is set to house the epitome of culinary excellence in Los Angeles – our signature restaurant, brought to life by a renowned restaurateur and illustrious James Beard Award-winning chef. Drawing inspiration from the bustling markets of the Mediterranean and the Middle East, our restaurant takes pride in offering a seafood-focused menu that showcases the richness of regional flavors and traditional cooking techniques. Through our innovative and creative cuisine, we aim to transport our guests on a culinary journey, where every bite resonates with the zest of authentic Mediterranean dining experiences. Join us as we embark on this gastronomic adventure, where exceptional dishes, delightful ambiance, and impeccable service converge to create unforgettable moments of indulgence.
Regent Santa Monica Beach is looking for a Director of Banquets who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do. This position has the opportunity to shape employee experience by providing exceptional knowledge and service in support of our world-renowned hotels. The Director of Banquets reports to the Director of Food & Beverage.
A little bit about your day:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverages, every day is different, but your essential functions will include the following:
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees, supervisors and assistant managers in the Hotel’s Banquet Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met, long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Coordinate set-up requirements for hotel and off-site functions according to the banquet event order, communicate directly with group contacts, Catering Managers, and Conference Services Managers to ensure that all details of the function are carried out, ensure quality and timeliness of all food items, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience.
- The ability to work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef, and Director of Catering to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price and attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
- Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the banquet area and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
What we need from you:
- Preferred candidates possess 3-5 years of previous experience in a related position. Requires knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, maintenance, merchandising, and accounting.
- Ability to operate computer equipment and other F&B computer systems.
- Strong luxury background and be able to lead their team in a 5-star manner.
- This position requires someone who is detail oriented, focused, guest centric and obsessed with hospitality.
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $110,000.00 to $120,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.