Director Revenue Mgt
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Hotel: InterContinental - Chicago Magnificent Mile Remote (ORDH2)
Job number: R197394
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Your day to day
Maximizes rooms revenue through the management of room inventory, market mix and pricing strategy. Also supervises the processing of guest reservations and group blocks.
Internal: Hotel Employees: to receive information regarding guest needs or complaints. General Managers, Area Director, other Department Heads.
External: Hotel Guests: to provide customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the yield management process in line with IHG Revenue strategies.
- Daily manages HIRO, Concerto and Holidex (includes rooms inventory management).
- Chairs the daily revenue meeting and generates all reports needed for that meeting.
- Monitors the pricing of competitors, understands the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and presents appropriate actions to the revenue committee.
- Monitors group blocks to determine rooms available for sale to transient customers. The Revenue Manager shall also understand the groups' pick up history and shall manage group cut off dates.
- Reviews and approves all group proposals with the Director of Sales and/or General Manager. Collaborates with the Director of Sales on group rates and ceilings and selective guidelines.
- Effectively develops the hotel pricing and market mix strategy.
- Responsible for daily walk-in rates and communication to staff of change in the daily pricing strategies.
- Determines the hotel weekly and long range rooms forecasts.
- Assists in the annual hotel budget development and ongoing results analysis.
- Provides training to Reservations and Front Desk employees on upselling and negotiating techniques.
- Implements and monitors revenue-based line-level staff incentive plans.
- Manages and controls Reservations department labor.
- Communicates fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments so they may make staffing adjustments and increase efficiency.
What we need from you
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent and five years guest service/hotel experience. Finance background preferred.
Skills: Analytical skills
Organizational and planning skills
Customer service oriented
What we offer
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a Director of Revenue Management? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.