Director Payroll AMER
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346
Job number: 122684
Responsible for the delivery of all payroll related services, across all ‘in scope’ colleagues in all corporate offices and hotels based in Americas region (North America, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and Latin America). Leads and directs all payroll activities and serves as the main liaison with HRSS and regional HR team members. Leads and participates in global and regional key projects, design and implementation. Ensures strong alignment and coordination with global and regional GPS team members.
** This role is required to sit in our Corporate Office in Atlanta, GA
** You Must have recent Oracle Cloud Payroll experience for consideration
- Responsible for leading and managing the full scope of key Payroll related HR Shared Services in line with Service Level Agreements and business needs across AMER
- Deliver payroll services (for in scope geographies), with a focus on payroll accuracy in line with global targets; where targets are missed investigate and remediate.
- Responsible for AMER journal entries to ensure that costs and accounting of data are accurately reflected.
- Responsible for AMER payroll reconciliation: payroll balance sheet accounts, bank accounts and payroll register to General Ledger
- Partnering with key stakeholders to align service delivery and priority to the business and HR strategy and operational plans.
- Lead programmes, partnering with HR leaders and vendors to deliver payroll accuracy and process improvements.
- Manage the execution of global programs through payroll: e.g. implementation of annual merit process, corporate Bonus, furlough, partial hours working etc.
- Lead and develop team to ensure productivity and engagement; as well as shaping a talent pipeline within GPS to promote internal career development and growth.
- Ensure optimal policies and procedures to facilitate data accuracy and achievement of SLA’s, via the processing of employee-related costs into the relevant finance systems (to include managing journal entries, hotel billings, cross-charging, International benefit, all scope of payroll to GL audits and interfaces where applicable and requirements for GAAP.
- Facilitate global process improvement initiatives and create an environment of continuous improvement to deliver increasing HR process standardisation, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement and monitor robust AMER Payroll processes to ensure compliance with statutory obligations, business requirements, inorder to minimise and Payroll related liabilities and risk to IHG.
- Oversee performance KPIs across HR processes. Monitor and review monthly performance of GPS against strategic targets and KPIs and ensure the senior HR team is aware of all risks and opportunities.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in HR/ Business or relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 12+ years progressive work-related experience in payroll, HR or finance with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position as well as 5-8 years managing people
- Experience with complex payroll delivery within an Oracle environment
- Experience in the design and delivery of process improvements involving systems is preferable.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in house payroll processing.
- Demonstrated experience in resource management (e.g. shift and capacity planning), team performance management, recruitment and training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Payroll (Oracle) and other HR systems and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing small to mid-scale projects.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating and developing people.
- Ability to competently liaise and articulate with fellow and higher levels of management, demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working alongside a global team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recognizing and resolving problems or inconsistencies in transactions and systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AMER labour laws (wage & hour) inc knowledge of general compensation and benefits principles
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.