Director, Operations Performance Analytics & Insights
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R197015
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Lead a high-performing team to analyze, identify and action on key insights to drive performance across 4,000 hotels in the Americas region. Provide strategic direction and thought leadership as we evolve the Operations Organization to implement new tools, technology, and systems to provide data-driven and proactive support to our franchise and company managed hotels. Oversee Operations reporting, analysis and process improvements associated with evolving business initiatives. Ensures efforts are orchestrated across multiple functions globally to establish common goals, leverage best practices, create and nurture communication and establish process consistency. Provides strategic oversight and consultation on process improvement, research, and initiatives that impact Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Provide thought leadership on strategic direction of Operations programs and development of insights and reporting solutions to support delivery and execution at a critical time of evolution for the Operations organization. Act as an advisor to department managers to help meet established goals and provide information that will assist in improving their team’s strategy.
- Evaluate franchise, managed and internal data to identify and implement improvements to existing reporting dashboards and identify opportunities for new initiatives (e.g. training delivery, tools, and applications).
- Collaborate with Operational leaders and cross-functional partners to identify insights and reporting solutions to drive performance across company managed and franchise hotels.
- Develop and administer strategy for systems, applications and tools that support franchise programs both for internal employees and external hotel users. Collaborate with regions and technology owners to establish global strategy for operations information tracking and reporting.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
What we need from you
Bachelors or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
10+ years progressive work-related experience in hotel operations, and/or data analysis and executive reporting preferred as well as 5 to 7 years managing significant complex projects with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, including performance measurement, process/program redesign, change management, and technology solutions design/implementation.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated management experience in leading others to conduct in-depth data analysis and simplify insights in order to tailor output to multiple levels of the organization, from client-facing field teams to the regional leadership and C-Suite.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to take highly complex information and present to all levels of management, staff, clients, and vendors.
- Excellent consulting and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of diverse company policies, products, markets, processes, platforms, hotel operations and technology applications as well as a strong understanding of business principles and practices.
- Demonstrated Experience working across analytic tools and data environments (ex. Salesforce, Alteryx, Google Cloud, Teradata, Tableau).
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.