Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXFS), 899 Francisco St, 90017
Job number: 106066
As Director of Food and Beverage you’ll lead and direct food and beverage operations, ensuring quality service and standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements.
- Direct everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues.
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive - linking up departments to create sense of one team.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed.
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned.
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints - making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Analyse guest insights to identify and meet customer expectations and build on guest loyalty.
- Regularly communicate with guests to ensure expectations are met.
- Manage hotel food and beverage marketing programmes and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotions.
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and approve menu design and concepts with the Executive Chef.
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely - always keep stock replenished to minimise waste.
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
- Other ad-hoc duties - unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- May also serve as manager on duty.
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs.
- Working with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue.
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value.
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled securely.
This is the top food and beverage job in a large, luxury or resort hotel. Supervises a large number of employees in multiple major food and beverage outlets and kitchens, and banquet and convention facilities. Oversees multiple managers and supervisors.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field
- 4+ years’ related experience, including management experience
- Must speak local language
- Must obtain certifications or permits as required by local governmental agencies.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.