Director, Engineering - InterContinental San Francisco
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: InterContinental - San Francisco (SFOHB)
Job number: R193186
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
Your day to day
As Engineering Director you’ll direct the engineering/maintenance of your hotel and ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members – making sure all activities are delivered safely and with compliance. Motivating and training your team with the skills to keep hotels always looking their best.
- Direct daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests
- Help guests needs to ensure their satisfaction
- Use a maintenance program to ensure the hotel is maintained and in service for our guests
- Oversee the physical operations of the hotel, including maintenance and repair and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives
- May be responsible for hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
What we need from you
Four years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
High-rise Life Safety certification required.
Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter preferred.
Professional certification and license if required by law.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us