Director, Corporate Responsibility, Greater China
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate Office
Location: Mainland China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Job number: CORPORATE05213
• Responsible for providing leadership across all aspects of the Greater China CR Agenda including the Greater China True Hospitality for Good (THFG) Charitable Fund.
• Working closely with the GC LT , CR LT and GC GCA teams:
➢ Input into global targets and lead on translating into long and medium term environmental targets for the Greater China region (carbon, waste and water reduction, and water stewardship).
➢ Input into developing global communities/ THFG strategy and lead on translating this into a long/ medium term strategy for Greater China.
• Implement and embed the GC environmental and communities strategies across all IHG hotels and corporate offices in the region.
• Developing a tailored regional implementation, delivery and education plan to best fit the dynamics of the region, including provision of support and guidance to the GC LT as required.
• Responsible for scoping and resourcing these regional delivery plans.
• Utilise sustainability and networks and knowledge within Greater China to act as advisor and sustainability subject matter expert for the GC LT and CR LT and to be IHG’s CR representative with external
stakeholders in the region.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Greater China True Hospitality for Good (THFG) Charitable Fund via the China Soong Ching Ling Foundation. Including coordination of all fund raising activities across
the region at a Corporate and hotel level, decision rights over grant making, managing the THFG Governance Committee and all associated reporting requirements.
• Responsible for developing and managing relationships with all NGO partners in the region, to boost IHG’s reputation in the CR arena.
• In partnership with the Director Environmental Sustainability and GCA colleagues develop tailored environmental sustainability communication “packages” for all key stakeholder groups in the region:
GC LT, owners, CR colleagues, hotel colleagues, corporate colleagues, guests.
• Work closely with GCA team to ensure all communities related activities are appropriately leveraged and communicated across all stakeholder groups.
• Monitor, manage delivery of and report upon all agreed priorities for the CR Agenda in the GC region.
• Collaborate with the GC LT to embed and integrate the full CR agenda into the overall business strategy.
• Manage Shanghai Cost Centres for the CR Team, coordinating expenses for all spend.
• Key member of Corporate Responsibility Global Leadership team.
Your day to day
• Bachelor’s of Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Typically has 7-10 years progressive work experience
Critical Expertise & Experience:
• Expertise and experience of developing and implementing a CR strategy in China, in particular environmental footprint reduction
• Experience of working in a global brand-led business
• Proven ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders
• Proven analytical capability and commercial acumen
• Strong ability to collaborate effectively with Senior Leadership in a complex matrix organisation
• Highly developed project management skills to ensure effective and efficient delivery of programs
• Proven ability to drive system or culture change
• Strong experience of external landscape and market dynamics in GC
• Experience in strategic philanthropy and development of partnerships for mutual benefit
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• In-depth knowledge of full range of sustainability issues, including environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, key trends and best practice with hospitality and across industries
• Strong analytical capabilities, and ability to surface insights and craft communications for senior leadership
• Experience in developing business cases for sustainability strategies
• Experience of Chinese charities law, governance and fundraising
• Must able to conduct business (written and spoken) in both Chinese and English