Director, Brand Strategy and Commercial Performance, Holiday Inn Express
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R203699
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Serve as a brand champion to IHG’s largest brand- Holiday Inn Express, with nearly ~3000 hotels globally. Always keep the hotel guest, owner, operator top of mind, with a focus on driving growth in the Essential Collection hotel segment. Lead brand strategy, commercial performance, and special projects for Holiday Inn Express Global Vice President of Brand Management.
- Serve as champion and guardian of the brand via the development and ongoing optimization of the global brand architecture and supporting frameworks.
- Lead the process to develop the intermediate (3-5 years) strategic brand plans and supporting programs/tactics and monitor the activation of those programs/tactics, including any annual business planning activities, to support the brand’s business, performance, and competitive objectives.
- Analyze data on current and future consumer needs, product and brand awareness, price/value perceptions, consumer, and customer trend to build recommendations for product, experience and marketing enhancements.
- Own the review and analysis of brand health, market and industry data globally to understand current commercial performance trends and opportunities within the brand to deliver on the commercial needs of individual markets across the globe.
- Collaborate with Brand Directors to assess consumer satisfaction and sentiment performance to inform on opportunities for innovation and operational remediation.
- Partner with global and regional partner functions to develop effective segmentation, demand creation and channel marketing strategies to capture consumer demand.
- Assist Global Brand Vice President and Franchise Development teams in the achievement of product distribution targets by participating in major sales presentations and support efforts to target current and potential franchisees
What we need from you
Bachelor's or master’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. MBA preferred
- 10+ years strategy and/or marketing experience with demonstrated proficiency in brand and product management in a global, multi-brand environment, as well as 5 to 7 years managing teams and or significant complex projects. Strategy consulting experience preferred.
- Effective and or persuasive verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles and strategic planning process. Strong storytelling capability
- Ability to develop effective segmentation, demand creation and channel marketing strategies in a multi-unit hotel or other travel/service environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret research data on consumer preferences and market trends. Demonstrated experience in effectively managing a marketing program budget and in effectively allocating budget resources to maximize impact.
- Thrives in ambiguous environments
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of branding and brand management, including research methodology and design (basic measurement and statistics).
- Strong analytic skills and knowledge of the hotel performance ecosystem and drivers.
- Strong business acumen with core competency in translating insight into compelling business plans and initiatives.
- Passionate about building customer centric & innovative brands
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.