Digital Marketing Executive (Full Time) - IHG Western Australia Hotels
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth
Hotel: InterContinental - Perth City Centre (PERHA)
Job number: EMEAA30102
InterContinental Hotels Group are one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have over 160 million guests staying in 785,544 rooms in more than 5,700 hotels per year.
You'll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Voco, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts as well as Kimpton Hotels.
Based at InterContinental Perth City Centre, as a full time Marketing Executive you will be one of the key brand custodians for InterContinental Perth City Centre, Crowne Plaza Perth, Holiday Inn Perth City Centre, plus any other IHG hotels as assigned.
Your day to day
Working within the IHG Hotels Centralised WA Marketing team, and reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Executive will support with distribution, channel, social and overall marketing function for any assigned hotel property. Including assisting with developing; marketing plans, pay-per-click advertising, website management, as well as executing and measuring marketing activity designed to achieve specific marketing and brand objectives within all the core market segments for each hotel property.
This task allocation for this role may vary as required and currently has a 'digital marketing' focus.
Some of the main responsibilities day to day include:
- Assist the Marketing Manager in developing brand/business-unit specific marketing campaigns. Ensure all plans are understood and effectively implemented through liaison with the sales, marketing and revenue teams and on-property stakeholders.
- Execute brand and business-unit specific distribution marketing campaigns through both unpaid and paid channels including but not limited to: Google Ads, Meta (Facebook/Instagram) Business/Ads Manager, Programmatic Advertising, WordPress (CMS) landing page creations, EDM software and internal industry specific advertising systems.
- Manage ongoing paid advertising campaigns through aforementioned channels. Plan, execute and measure A/B testing & experimentation through all funnel stages.
- Manage all content for assigned business units through the global distribution system, IHG internal systems, online travel agents, website and IHG’s central reservations office.
- Own marketing tech-stack including but not limited to: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Pixel(s), Wordpress, EDM software, Data Studio and more.
- Own both hotel and restaurant EDM channels. Sending high value content whilst testing and improving open rates, click through rates and conversion rates.
- Assist with ongoing SEO strategy and implementation to improve the health and organic visibility of hotel and restaurant websites.
- Assist with the creation of digital collateral/artwork primarily using Canva (occasionally InDesign) as well as the management of graphic designers should there be an external agreement.
- Analyse and report on marketing campaign results, and process efficiencies and present periodically to stakeholders.
- Provide supportive data analysis through our channels to gain consumer insight.
- Develop, maintain and grow the hotel's digital presence and continuously look for new opportunities.
- Provide support with identifying and penetrating new channels outside of the regular mix to diversify geographic delivery and secure new transient and leisure customers.
- Research and remain up to date with the latest digital trends and be proactive in implementing new advancements.
What we need from you
Driven to achieve results, you'll be an enthusiastic and creative individual with solid and broad marketing experience. More specifically, the successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years experience in a digital campaign and content role; including demonstrated project management experience from conception through to implementation
- Experience in managing multiple lead-gen based WordPress websites
- Knowledge and experience in pay-per-click advertising with Google Ads and Facebook required
- Knowledge and experience in using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Data Studio is advantageous
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals is preferred
- Demonstrated ability with analytical & data driven thinking
- Graduate/Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications or Marketing preferred
- Strong knowledge of using social media platforms for commercial purposes, EDM's and content management systems
- Great communication skills and naturally positive energy shown every day
- Marketing experience within a hotel, travel, F&B or retail industry will be seen as an advantage
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles, innovation process and strategic planning process
- Effective and/or persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management & co-ordination skills plus ability to lead complex multi-stakeholder initiatives. Eg able to run projects end-to-end
All candidates must:
- Be willing and able to meet the inherent requirements of working in a WA hotel, including following various safety policies and procedures, such as evidence of a Covid-19 vaccination.
- Have unlimited and unrestricted working rights for Australia.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including free duty meals, discounted CBD carparking and discounted accommodation worldwide.
Flexible working arrangements, including a hybrid work from home arrangement would be available for this role.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental brand belongs to the IHG family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.