Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate Office
Location: Mainland China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Job number: CORPORATE05021
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Undertakes Design & Engineering activities in Greater China Region to include due diligence inspections and reporting; design and documentation review to ensure high quality, structurally safe designs and standards consistent with the strategy of Holiday Inn Express brand in the region: and pre-opening inspections to ensure compliance to all IHG standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities, maximum 5 activities)
- Works closely with the region’s development team in the review of properties that are considered for acquisition, management or franchise into an IHG brand.
- Supports the development team in China with state-of-the-art and cost efficient designs, space planning, interior design, engineering, and construction and project management techniques, in conjunction with the Director of Design/Projects, Greater China.
- Manages the process of reviewing potential IHG Hotel projects in terms of IHG design standards, including concept design, documentation and inspections, as well as the Pre-opening inspections.
- Manages the process for Property Improvement Plans (PIP) to include on-site evaluations and execution of PIP plans. Ensures that quality of work and structurally safe designs and standards are followed and maintained at all properties to protect integrity/image of brands. Provides technical assistance to owners in the development of project plans and consults on interior design and other related activities ensuring cost efficiency.
- Works closely with Engineering function within the region to collaborate on issues impacting new, conversion or renovation project plans and related costs to ensure objectives are achieved and consistency in standards.
Your day to day
Required Skills –
- Flexible interpersonal style; effective communication and project management skills; strong influencing skills; experience in a multi-national environment and ability to deal with different cultural issues and competing requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture and/or Construction Management.
- Typically Minimum 5 years or more direct combined experience in design, construction, project management of hospitality buildings. Strong knowledge of architectural and design, and construction principles and understanding of applicable laws.