Demi Chef de Partie - Culinary (Bakery) - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA21994
Do you see yourself as a Demi Chef de Partie for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
As a Demi Chef de Partie, you will support the section chef by preparing, presenting, storing and serving a selection of dishes. You will promote the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests and internal customers
- Provides direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
- Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
- Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Maintains a clean and hygienic work area
- Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- House Rules and Regulation
- Health and Safety
- Standard Operations Procedures
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Follows the FBM System rules
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Must have similar experience working in either a luxury restaurant or a 5* hotel environment particularly in international cuisine
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to lead a large team
- Committed to serving food of the highest quality
- Has a passion for cooking and creating new menu
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.