Demi Chef (Full Time) - InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Sanctuary Cove
Hotel: InterContinental - Sanctuary Cove Resort (BNEQL)
Job number: EMEAA33983
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
As the first InterContinental Resort to land in Australia, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reflects the grand, graceful architecture of a classic Queensland estate, nestled within the beautiful surrounds of Sanctuary Cove.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand as a Demi Chef.
Your day to day
As a full time Demi Chef, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavour will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories. With the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories.
For this vital role, were looking for someone who has a passion for food, an individual culinary style and wants to add value in an environment that will allow them to discover new and innovative products and ways of working within a global brand.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will be a motivated person with a positive attitude who has an interest to progress your culinary career, develop your skills, and work within the varying styles of kitchen operations and different styles of cuisine. You will be responsible for producing a wide range of quality products whilst exercising your knowledge of hygiene and food safety and maintaining our high guest service standards. You will bring with you your genuine and friendly personality which will complement our dynamic & professional Culinary Team.
What we need from you
- 2 to 3 years previous culinary experience, with experience in a hotel or luxury restaurant environment.
- Commercial cookery certification and preferably you will have worked with a food safety system such as HACCP
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, enthusiasm to learn new things and above all, a can do attitude. It will be paramount for you to pay strict attention to timing and essential for you to stay organised and on top of your work at all times.
- Self-motivated and will perform your role with a sense of urgency
- Be creatively focused and have a genuine passion for creating exceptional cuisine
- Ability to work a rotating roster including, late evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Have Australian work rights, with no restrictions
- You must hold also hold a current Australian driver’s license
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.