Customer Care Specialist - Guest Relations
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: Philippines, Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Baguio City
Job number: EMEAA20716
IHG® is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with more than 375,000 people working across almost 100 countries to deliver True Hospitality for everyone while delivering the best returns for our hotel partners. IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,367 hotels and 799,923 guest rooms in almost 100 countries, with nearly 1,718 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, the world’s first and largest hotel loyalty programme, with more than 100 million enrolled members worldwide.
You’ll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Regent, Voco Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels, HUALUXE™ Hotels and Resorts, and Avid Hotel.
We bring True Hospitality to everyone by connecting our portfolio of leading hotel brands, our leading-edge systems and our ways of reaching customers, with the passion and dedication of our colleagues around the world. Individually, these are strengths. Together, they give us the platform to deliver exceptional growth and the confidence to know we can make a difference to travelers everywhere. At IHG® we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Our Baguio Central Reservations Office is in need of Customer Care Specialist - Guest Relations, who is an expert in providing travel advice and solutions in escalated or high profile situations. Perform in a lead role, solving problems and providing guidance to staff. A critical customer touch point for delivering on our IHG brand experience. Be a brand champion, taking pride in using every customer interaction to educate on our brands and products. Empowered to make creative decisions using tools and market insight that will deliver on the unique travel needs of our guests, to drive revenue and customer loyalty. Passionate for learning and developing themselves to be the best in an ever-evolving role.
• Amenable to Work-From-Home (with own laptop or desktop and stable internet connection)
• Amenable to work on-site if needed.
• Anyone applying for the role must be at least 18 years old and willing to work on graveyard shifts, holidays and weekends.
• Undergraduates are welcome to apply.
Your day to day
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide an industry-leading reservation, loyalty program and service recovery solution for all contacts
• Perform in a lead role and provide guidance to less experienced staff in the accomplishment of tasks and or when solving more complex issues.
• Champion BrandHearted behaviors by demonstrating brand knowledge, brand passion and brand pride.
• Embrace the global and cultural diversity of our guest and business needs.
• Consistently strives to meet or exceed defined performance expectations (revenue, conversion, quality, ADR premium, partner offers, customer satisfaction, etc.) as set by management despite difficulties or obstacles.
• Inspire loyalty and build rapport with our guests, business partners, hotels and corporate employees, through personalized and efficient service driven by the customer needs. Creatively find solutions, within a framework, to drive results; takes accountability and listens to ideas and feedback of others.
• Manage time effectively (including adherence to assigned schedule, attendance, etc.)
• Provide a seamless customer experience through effective use of systems information and tools . Self-motivated, positive, "want-to" attitude with a willingness to take on new challenges. Actively participates in company initiatives, training and events.
• Take ownership of personal development while aligning with team priorities and company goals.
• Embracing change and adjusting well to evolutions in situation and task while sensitively responding and supporting others through change.
• Understand and consider the impact of own actions on self and others (colleagues, guests, and hotels, etc.)
• Seek opportunities to improve individual and team performance. Help team and colleagues stay motivated and deliver on goals.
• Support and demonstrate IHG’s company values and ways of working.
• Willingly deliver on additional tasks as assigned.
What we need from you
• Strong customer service skills
• Can handle supervisor/escalation calls
• Can resolve complex guest problems
• Good decision-making skills
• Strong communication skills - listening, written and verbal
• Active listening, appropriate conversation pace, problem identification, and resolution
What we offer
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organization, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you and experience world-class IHG® benefits:
• Regularization of employment after 3 months
• Hotel Discounts Worldwide for you and your family and friends
• Retirement Plan
• Medical Insurance (for employee and immediate family members)
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• 30 days Leave Credits (15 days convertible to cash)
• Incentive Programs
• 20% night differential pay
• Global Recognition Programs
• Global career opportunities, training and room to grow opportunities
• Great location
• And Much More!