Coxswain (PT) - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA22539
Coxswain & Fishing Deck Hand
Break the mould of working in a traditional environment with InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. Experience the beauty of island life whilst you work, live, and explore Hayman Island and the beautiful Whitsundays.
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
About the role
In this unique role as Coxswain & Fishing Deck Hand, you will provide Water Sports activities and escort guests on fishing expeditions in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner. This Coxswain reports into the Assistant Manager of Water Sports and oversees the day-to-day water sports activities, excursions and vessel maintenance whilst always observing the highest regard for all safety regulations.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role, excellent communication skills, hold a senior first aid cert, O2, CPR and be able to provide a high-level of service excellence to InterContinental Hayman Island Resort’s valued guests.
What we offer
What we offer
· Full-time options with regular rotating shifts
· Paid orientation and training
· Excellent colleague facilities including a dedicated pool, gym, bar, dining program, extensive health & wellness activities program and private staff beach
· Ongoing training and development opportunities with coaching and mentoring by industry experts in a five-star luxury setting
· A great range of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties