Corporate Responsibility Manager, Greater China
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate Office
Location: Mainland China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Job number: CORPORATE05212
- Supports development and implementation of regional environmental and community strategy and targets.
- Provides key inputs into the CR strategy for the region.
- Supports Director of Environmental Sustainability on identifying solutions, recommendations and potential partnerships.
- Leads key regional environmental sustainability initiatives e.g. water stewardship, renewable energy China ready, regional hotel priorities for carbon reduction
- Responds to requests and environmental sustainability inquiries from regional teams, including interpreting environmental data and targets, researching data sources and providing general performance analysis as needed.
- Work with the global environmental data analysis and insights team to provide assessment and evaluation for discussions and decisions on improvement plans.
- Provides technical and practical advice on environmental sustainability issues such as carbon, water and waste.
- Works with regional key business functions such as design and engineering and hotel operations to incorporate environmental sustainability considerations into their planning and support in execution
- Represents IHG on external environmental sustainability working groups and share insights back to the business.
- Supports wider corporate responsibility programmes in the region as a key member of the regional CR team.
- Works with local NGOs to support implementation of community initiatives e.g. Chef into Community
- Liaises with foundation partners and hotel charity champions to manage hotel fundraising, account balance and project governance
- Supports global community program implementation in the region e.g. Giving for Good
Your day to day
- Bachelor or Master’s degree level in a statistical, environmental or relevant field of work.
Critical Expertise & Experience:
- At least 5 years work experience in a field related to environment, sustainability, carbon or energy management.
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to simplify complex concepts for stakeholders
- Strong project management skills to ensure effective and efficient delivery of programs
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Preparing and delivering data analysis and recommendations aligned to different stakeholders through for example presentations and reports.
- Understanding and practical experience of environmental sustainability in the hotel sector and/or the built environment would be favourable.
- Knowledge of environmental sustainability, CSR, and wider social, environmental and governance issues within the built environment
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to perform concurrent tasks that require technical and functional competence.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and report environmental data including energy, waste, water and greenhouse gas emissions for e.g. CDP, DJSI or other framework
- Demonstrated strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Demonstrated clear, concise and succinct communicational skills, including adapting both verbal and written communications to the needs and level of the user.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions.