Corporate Counsel Manager, Shenzhen
Location: China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Hotel: Corp Shenzhen, Room73076, 7F, GaoKe Group Tower, No. 2076, Moonbay Avenue,, 518054
Job number: 104289
- Provides legal support to IHG’s South China business and in ensuring that the business is conducted and business objectives are achieved in compliance with relevant laws, policies and procedures and regional and global strategic priorities.
- Supports the success of business priorities, new brand, new business model etc.
- Provides effective and efficient support to the South China business across all relevant aspects including in respect of hotel development projects, new opening hotels and operating hotels. Ensures legal services are supported by effective and efficient tools, templates and processes.
- Builds and maintains relationships with external legal counsel and supervising of legal actions and retaining lawyers for matters which relate to the business growth and hotel operations.
- Supports initiatives to drive collaboration and alignment between the Greater China BRR team and the legal team members in other regions.
- Supports on other BRR ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor of Laws / J.D.
- Admission to the Bar / Law society in the PRC.
- Preferably has a minimum of 8+ years post admission experience as a corporate/commercial lawyer, preferably a mix of private practice and in-house experience in a multinational company.
- Experience of working in cross-functional project teams.
- Broad generalist legal experience which covers: real estate/hospitality; corporate; cross-border M&A/transactional/FDI; litigation; health & safety; employment; lending and insolvency; data privacy; competition law; tax and treasury issues; instructing and managing external counsel; and joint ventures
- Preferably hospitality industry experience including hotel real estate, management and franchise hotel development and operation.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Good time and priority management and organizational skills.
- Good stakeholder management skills with experience of working with management and decision makers. Good team player.
- Excellent Mandarin and strong English language oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and good presentation skills.
- Strong document drafting skills (attention to detail, analytical, solution focused).
- Good commercial business acumen and ability to exercise commercial judgment.
- Detailed knowledge of company, industry, region and practices.
- Able to handle most matters with limited supervision and some with minimal or no supervision. Able to travel on short notice and work under tight time pressures.
- Adapts procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish strategic priorities whilst managing risk exposure.
- Manages workload to address both the needs of the business and own personal/career development aspirations.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.